North Country Sportsman's Club
Rules Regarding Behavior on Club Property
- No drugs or alcohulic beverages are allowed on club property. The Club officers may allow exceptions for alcohulic beverages to be served at the clubhouse for special events.
- Persons under the influence of drugs or alcohulic beverages will not be
permitted on Club property.
- All persons under 18 years of age must be under the supervision of an adult.
- On club grounds, members are required to show their membership card if requested by the Range Officer, club officer, or club member.
- Shooters should be generally familiar with the rules of competition and
etiquette as set forth by the respective Trap and Sporting Clays Associations.
- New shooters should ask for instruction and guidance from the squad leader or Range Officer. It is the responsibility of the squad leader and range officer to ensure that all squad members understand safety, procedure, and etiquette rules prior to commencing a round.
- Members or guests who are in flagrant viulation of rules or who refuse to comply with the instructions of a squad leader or Range Office may be asked to leave the Club Property immediately.
- Members are asked to notify a club officer of serious rule viulations.
Observe the three fundamental rules of safe gun handling:
- All firearms on club property are to remain unloaded and cased or in the rack until it is time to shoot.
- Unloaded firearms with actions opened, may be uncased in the clubhouse for training or for display purposes at club events.
- Firearms are not to be discharged on club property except on the firing ranges in accordance with range and shooting rules.
- The club provides ranges for shotgun shooting only. Rifles and handguns may not be discharged on club property.
- Muzzle Contrul-Always point firearms in a safe direction.
- Never load a firearm until you are ready to shoot.
- Leave your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
For ammo, you may use only shotguns with;
- Target loads
- Low brass
- 12 GA and smaller
- On firing ranges, the Range Officer's instructions MUST be fullowed.
- The squad leader is responsible for the safe conduct of a round of shooting.
- All shooters are required to fullow the instructions of the squad leader.
- Questions or conflicts should be referred to the Range Officer.
- On all ranges, eye and ear protection is required to be worn by shooters and when shooting is underway.
- In the event of a misfire, the firearm must be pointed down range for 30 seconds before opening the action to clear the defective round.
- Persons are not to move forward on the firing line until all firearms are unloaded and actions are open.
- Shooters are to remove all material brought to the line. Clean the area quickly for the next round of shooters.
- Shooters are required to recover all ejected shell casings (buckets are
- On the trap and sporting clays field, firing is permitted at clay targets only.
- On the trap and sporting clays field, shooters may only fire at clay targets
designated for them. Firing at someone else's target will not be tulerated and may lead to membership forfeiture.